Cleaning Checklist: Get Your Deposit Back – Getting your security deposit back after moving out is something to look forward to! Cleaning to your landlord’s standards…not so exciting. Triple J’s Moving offers cleaning services to ensure you get that deposit back without having to touch a broom. If you plan on tackling it yourself, check out this post.
Cleaning Checklist: Get Your Deposit Back
Clean the Bedroom
- Check ceilings, walls, and corners for cobwebs and sweep em away.
- Fill in holes from wall hangings.
- Clean or paint dirty spots on walls and door.
- Dust on top of doors, door handles, closet doors, blinds, and baseboards.
- Vacuum/mop floors.
Make That Bathroom Sparkle
- Scrub toilet, inside and out.
- Scrub sink and faucet, paying extra attention to hard water stains.
- Scrub and rinse tub/shower. Use a Magic Eraser on tough grout stains.
- Wipe down mirrors, counter, medicine cabinet, etc.
- Dust light fixtures, on top of towel hangers, and toilet paper holder.
- Wipe out cabinets.
- Scrub tiles and mop floors.
- Clean kitchen cupboards and drawers, inside and out.
- Scrub counter tops.
- Scrub sink and faucets.
- Clean oven and microwave, inside and out.
- Defrost fridge/freezer in advance and clean thoroughly.
- Clean dishwasher, inside and out.
- Wipe down oven hood, and any areas that may have gotten food or grease on them.
- Sweep and mop floors.
Make Carpets Look Brand New
- Thoroughly Vacuum, use wand for vacuuming in the corners.
- Rent a steam cleaner and follow directions.
- After carpet has dried, hand scrub any stains that steam cleaner did not remove.
- Vacuum again.
- Wipe down all windows, blinds, and window seals.
- Clean washer/dryer, inside and out.
- Sweep garage and patios.
- Make sure there is no garbage left inside, or outside.
- Spray some airfreshener. Choose a clean, nuetral smelling sent rather than a over powering smell.
And after you’ve done a final walkthrough and and completed your Cleaning Checklist: Get Your Deposit Back !
And check out these extra tips below!